About this role
Be a part of Aquent Studios’ new design team that is redefining design in the government. We're seeking five additional designers to be responsible for creating media products used for print, web, interactive, mobile and video production.
This is NOT a typical government design job. This studio is elevating how and what type of design should be used within an intelligence agency setting. The work is polished, fresh and functional. Please note that depending on your clearance history, this position may not begin for twelve to sixteen months.
This role will be great for designers with:
- Experience working with a variety of media. The designers that call themselves "generalists", and believe that variety is the spice of life. Projects could include everything from: corporate identity and publication design to product or event promotion, original artist concepts, and infographics.
- A knack for project management - not full-on project management, but someone who is comfortable managing their own work. Designers will be responsible for concept, development and execution of deliverables. They'll need to comfortably define requirements, estimate hard copy and electronic deliverables and meet deadlines!
- A sense of humor.
- A Bachelor's degree in graphic or interactive design, visual media or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional graphic design experience, demonstrating knowledge and application of visual media principles, theory, practices and trends. Along with at least three years of experience using industry standard software tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign at a minimum).
- A portfolio with 10+ samples that demonstrate visual media design expertise, showcasing the designer's skills, knowledge, and competencies in design for multiple media.
Bonus points for:
- A security clearance! It would be great if you have an active, top secret clearance w/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access approval, but you don’t have to have one. If you don’t have a clearance, we’ll need to get you one, which means your background should be squeaky clean—and we mean squeaky!
Work will be performed on-site in the client’s newly refurbished offices in McLean, Virginia, and again, a top secret security clearance will be required for this position! If you experience technical difficulties, please email Rebecca (that’s me):firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aquent is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Northern Virginia, VA
- Posted On:
- Placement Type:
- Job Number: