About this role
Aquent, the industry’s largest design and marketing staffing firm, has been providing marketing organizations with the marketing and design Talent they need and finding marketing and creative professionals the rewarding assignments they want for over 25 years.
Why work for Aquent ?
Great company culture. Our commitment to personal growth, creativity, and continual learning is one of our core values.
- Industry reputation. We're the world's largest design and staffing firm and have local, national, and global recognition.
- Individualistic approach. Aquent encourages you add a personal touch to your work. We don't believe in a "one-size-fits-all" approach to staffing.
- Work/life balance. Aquent understands the importance of life outside the workplace and fosters an environment that allows for a healthy balance.
- Generous benefits package: medical, vision, and dental benefits, generous 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid sick days, paid vacation, and more.
- Vacation when you need it. Unusually generous and flexible vacation is offered; we believe in rewarding hard work as you achieve your goals!
- Free use of company's Hawaii and Florida beach house.
Under general direction from the Payroll Manager, the payroll administrator is responsible for all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s multi-state payroll processing objectives with a high degree of confidentiality. This position requires an extremely detail oriented person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. This position processes all payroll related time entry, tax deposits, reports, benefit deductions, W2s and audit document requests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prepare and process weekly payroll for Staff and Talent in the US and Canada, as assigned
Assist Talent and Staff with payroll related inquiries (eg. direct deposit, OT, etc.)
Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies and irregularities discovered
Responsible for payroll systems maintenance
Maintain employee leave balances, benefit payroll deductions, and garnishments as necessary
Review quarterly payroll tax reports for federal and multiple states
Comply with local, state and federal payroll regulations and respond to questions and special requests from regulatory agencies
Research laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures
Solid understanding of federal and state wage and hour laws including payroll, taxes, withholding, deductions and garnishments.
Canadian payroll experience a plus!
Hands-on experience in an accounting environment
Skilled in MS Excel
Proficient with ADP Enterprise payroll system
Thorough understanding of payroll processing, procedures, and payroll tax reports
At least 2 years of experience processing payroll
High school diploma
Bachelor degree desired, but not required
Outstanding customer service skills
Analytical processing skills
Organization and project management skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position. Boston location preferred. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Vitamin T/Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Boston, MA
- Posted On:
- Placement Type:
- Job Number: