About this role
Be a part of Aquent Studios’ new design studio, within the intelligence community, that is redefining design in the government. We’re adding ten copywriters/copy editors to our team within the intelligence community, and want to find creative and meticulous team members to join us!
These copywriters/editors will work in a creative design studio within a government security agency. Your job will be to create engaging content and copy that will be leveraged and incorporated into a variety of print and digital products.
Our copywriters/editors will be responsible for:
- Researching, reviewing, and analyzing customer communication needs and strategies.
- Tailoring content type, amount, and voice to suit the media type.
- Creating focused and relevant content by collaborating with subject matter experts or product owners.
- Improving content themes and projects to generate or increase impact.
- Editing and proofreading all content for typographical and grammatical errors, as well as verifying facts and figures to ensure accuracy.
We’re looking for copywriters/editors who have:
- A Bachelor's degree in journalism, english, mass communications, or a related field.
- 3+ years of writing and editing experience. Preferably on technology, security or intelligence.
- Basic HTML and CSS skills.
- Painstaking attention to detail.
- A basic understanding of 508 compliance and/or copyright law.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Content Management Systems and web publishing.
- A security clearance! It would be great if you have an active, top secret clearance w/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access approval, but you don’t have to have one. If you don’t have a clearance, we’ll need to get you one, which means your background should be squeaky clean—and we mean squeaky!
Work will be performed on-site in the client’s newly refurbished offices in McLean, Virginia, and again, a top secret security clearance will be required for this position! If you experience technical difficulties, please email Rebecca (that’s me):email@example.com.
Aquent is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Washington, DC, DC
- Posted On:
- Placement Type:
- Job Number: