About this role
Are you a designer who loves and truly understands UX? If so, we need your expertise!
Aquent Studios’ design team is adding two UI/UX Designers to help an already exceptional UX team expand its capabilities and capacity to support the growing demands of the Intelligence Community (IC).
Our UX team is on a mission to help end users, at all levels within the IC, located anywhere in the world, find information and resources quickly and easily. We’re also looking for ways to create easily digestible content that helps government leaders make fully-informed, mission-critical decisions, with speed and accuracy.
These positions are open to experienced UX practitioners, as well as those formally trained in Human Interaction or Human Centered Design (HCD), with at least three (3) years of practical experience. The key factor for successful candidates will be their ability to demonstrate how they’ve solved a problem following the principles and best practices of design thinking, and working collaboratively within an Agile environment.
Our Studios team will be working within a secured facility where no mobile or wearable devices are permitted, internet access and desk phones are provided. You will be required to undergo a high-level security clearance. Having a current or active clearance will expedite the process, but a clearance isn’t necessary. We want fresh and new ideas from design talent on a mission to make a difference in the world.
- Be a highly engaged member of a design team, working collaboratively to solve complex problems.
- Work collaboratively and kindly with anyone in the organization – customers, colleagues, officials, and leaders – all of whom may be the end user.
- Develop products that work seamlessly on any device or operating system.
- Follow and promote the Agile product development methodology.
- Think and contribute ideas beyond the UI to improve the architecture, usability and content of any digital product.
- Manage and prioritize your time and activities to make the greatest impact for the end user.
- Be a learner – You’ll have funding dedicated to advancing your skills and knowledge.
- Advocate and educate non-design consumers about the value of and need for quality products and communications, what that means, and how it will help them.
- Be equally fearless, respectful, and kind, putting mission and principles, first.
- 3+ years of user interface design experience
- Undergrad or Graduate Degree in Human Interaction, HCD, Graphic/Multimedia Design, or the like, or formal UX certification and training
- Portfolio demonstrating the ability to apply the elements and principles of design, as well as leverage design thinking principles to digital product design and development
- Basic HTML and other frontend coding, highly preferred
- Problem Solving – Demonstrate the ability to take an abstract idea and turn it into a design solution
- Current or Active security clearance, preferred, or being “clearable”
- Experienced or familiar with 508 compliance requirements (training is available)
- Multimedia skills, like motion graphics, 3D (modeling, animation), 2D animation, illustration, are a plus.
Why Aquent Studios?
-This is a full-time salaried consultant role with Aquent Studios
-Full Benefits package
-3 choices of health plan, each include vision
-**Continuing Education funds – Whoa!
-Vacation, Paid Holidays and Sick Time
-Amazing opportunity to use your talent to make a difference in the world.
Aquent is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Northern Virginia, VA
- Posted On:
- Placement Type:
- Job Number: